Pay for your college, university and career schools tuition through Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid is form used by student who wants to further into colleges, universities and career school. It is a form of providing funds for student to finance their education.
You are most eligible for student in two and four-year colleges, universities and career schools. This financial support comes in the form of loans, grants, scholarships for further education.
Application for 2022/2023 FAFSA form is available. Do not hesitate to apply before the deadline in 2022.
Table of Contents
Free Application for Federal Student Aid Requirements
To qualify for this financial aid, you must fall within the following criteria;
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (permanent resident)
- Social Security Number (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
- As a male, you must register with Selective Service.
- Be between 18 to 25 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate or pass an exam approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Be registered or accepted as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program at a school that participates in the federal student aid programs.
- Do not have a drug conviction for an offense that happened while you were receiving Federal student aid.
Contact your school’s financial aid office for more information for other requirements.
How to apply for Free Application for Federal Student Aid
To apply for FAFSA;
- Log on to their online portal and create an account. You can also do it through mailing them.
- Complete the online form.
- Find out more about your application after submitting; updating information and its status.
Application Start Date: October 1, 2021
Application Deadline Date: June 30, 2022
How to know the status of my FAFSA application
Check your online portal from time to time after submitting.
Check your mail box between 7-10 days after mailing to them.
Types of federal loans
- Direct Subsidized Loans ( for undergraduates students who need financial support).
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans (for undergraduates, graduates, professional student, not solely on financial needs).
- Direct PLUS Loans (for graduate and professional students as well parents of dependent graduates).
- Direct Consolidation Loans (opt for the combination of several federal loans as one)
- Independent students won’t be asked to provide reports on parents income and assets whiles dependent students will have to provide.
- For dependent students, you must provide income records of both parents if they are together. When separated and living apart, provide the income record of the one you living with. If separated but still living under the same, provide both records from them.
- You can always visit your account to update certain information if there is a need to make some changes.